Canada among top ‘safe and stable’ countries for international students

Published on December 13th, 2020 at 04:00am EST

Canada is among the top countries considered to be ‘safe and stable’ for international students and has further improved its position as the ‘go-to’ study destination because of its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is according to two surveys conducted by Navitas Insights.

In addition, the survey suggests that countries considered to be ‘safe and stable’ are not necessarily viewed as being ‘open and welcoming.’ However, Canada is one of the top countries that are considered to be both.

In fact, Canada has introduced some measures to allow international students to travel to their desired destination. Students who wish to travel to Canada only need to be attending a college or university that has obtained approval on its COVID-19 readiness plan from the provincial government in which the institution is in. It does not matter where the student is travelling from.

The first survey was conducted in May 2020. Findings from that survey showed Canada as one of the countries who are ahead of the pack, alongside New Zealand and Australia.

Navitas repeated the research in September 2020. Canada had improved its overall position since May, but was now competing with the United Kingdom for the top spot, instead of the Oceanic states.

Find out if you’re eligible for Canadian immigration

How to obtain a Canadian study permit

The first step to studying in Canada is to decide what Designated Learning Institution (DLI) you wish to study at, and which program you wish to study.

After applying for your desired program, you may receive a letter of acceptance from your DLI.

You will then be required to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to obtain a study permit.

If you wish, you may also include your family members in the application, so that they, too, will join you in Canada. Your spouse may be able to obtain an open work permit, so that they can work for any employer in Canada while you study.

To submit your application, you will need the letter of acceptance from the DLI and prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition for the first year. You are also required to prove that you have no criminal record and be in good health.

If your DLI is in the province of Quebec, you are also required to obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ, or Quebec Acceptance Certificate).

Find out if you’re eligible for Canadian immigration

© 2020 CIC News All Rights Reserved

Source link

Leave a Reply