Ontario has held its first Employer Job Offer draw almost two weeks after launching a new immigration intake system. Invited candidates had work experience in one of 23 occupations.
On May 11, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited candidates who had profiles in the new Expression of Interest (EOI) pool. These candidates may qualify for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream.
Candidates needed an EOI score of at least 31, and they needed to have job offers in one of 15 health care occupations, or eight skilled trades occupations. Here they are in order of their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.
List of invited health care occupations:
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3112 – General practitioners and family physicians
- 3121 – Optometrists
- 3122 – Chiropractors
- 3124 – Allied primary health practitioners
- 3125 – Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
- 3131 – Pharmacists
- 3132 – Dietitians and nutritionists
- 3141 – Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3213 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- 3214 – Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 – Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 – Medical sonographers
- 3232 – Practitioners of natural healing
- 3236 – Massage therapists
List of invited skilled trades occupations:
- 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7271 – Carpenters
- 7291 – Roofers and shinglers
- 7302 – Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 7312 – Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 7313 – Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 7316 – Machine fitters
- 7318 – Elevator constructors and mechanics
The OINP did not publish how many invitations were issued.
About the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
The Ontario Foreign Worker Stream under the Employer Job Offer category is open to foreign nationals who have an eligible job offer from an employer in Ontario. You do not necessarily have to apply from within Canada, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
To be eligible you need to accumulate the equivalent of two years of work experience in a skilled occupation, have an eligible job offer in Ontario, and intend to immigrate to the province, among other criteria.
After registering your profile, it will go into the EOI pool. Ontario will give you a score based on the information you submit. You get points based off of the skill level of your job offer and work experience, as well as your wage, education, official language ability, the region in which you studied or worked, and other factors.
© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to discover your Canadian immigration options.